Codeworx is a Brisbane based software company which develops a range of white label products for the online gaming industry. We're looking for a motivated and highly skilled Senior Software Engineer to help us build innovative solutions for our customers.
What you'll do
As a Senior Software Engineer at Codeworx you'll be building and maintaining several backend services as part of a highly available, real-time, online gaming system used by thousands of people on a weekly basis. You'll be working with Go, gRPC, PostgreSQL, & Kubernetes, on a daily basis, while also utilising tools such as Github Enterprise, Github Actions, Slack, Miro, Around, PagerDuty, & 1Password.
Who you are
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate each of the following qualities:
- You're a team player who can collaborate effectively in cross-functional remote teams.
- You consider the quality of the software you produce to be of utmost importance.
- You're an effective problem solver who can articulate pros and cons of different solutions.
- You strive for technical excellence through your coding and system design.
- You're comfortable with receiving constructive criticism and giving effective feedback.
- You're comfortable and effective at leading and mentoring others regardless of background.
- You have the ability to develop expertise in important areas, and share what you learn.
- You're comfortable making technical decisions to effectively tackle evolving business needs.
We'll also give you extra points for experience or aptitude in any of our other open positions, or any of the following related skills:
- CQRS, Event Sourcing, and Event Driven architectures.
- Domain-Driven Design, Bounded Contexts and Ubiquitous Language.
- User Experience Design.
What we offer
Our employees work fully remote from anywhere in Australia, with competitive salaries reviewed annually, and flexible work hours. All new employees receive a new notebook on a 3 year refresh cycle, and generous expense budgets for your home office, mobile phone, health and wellbeing, and education needs, to help you work safely and effectively.
If we like what we see, we'll reach out to you within a few days and invite you to a video interview. Our interviews typically involve two or three senior employees relevant to your position, and follow a casual and relaxed format. We don't do coding tests, and we don't ask you to write on a whiteboard - we just want to get to know you and learn what we can do for each other. Interviewees should be themselves and speak freely and openly.
If this sparks your curiosity - hit APPLY now.